Friday, August 18, 2006

Fellowship

Fun.
Food.
Friendship.
These are things everyone enjoys. Tonight i experienced something i've sorely missed in my life -- fellowship.

Tonight was a good night. I laughed with people, i clapped with people. I played party games for the first time in years. I acted in a skit that was prepared in less than a minute. I didn't care if i looked silly. I talked with a teacher who shared with me her spiritual revelation. I shared some of mine. I prayed with all my heart. I stood in a circle holding hands. I sang with my eyes closed.

All these things i never saw myself doing. Yet there i was, enjoying myself in the company of good people. My fellows. My friends.



~~
We asked for the Spirit, and it came down upon us. It entered our hearts and made us glow, and we were as stars.

No comments: