Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pause

Sometimes, when walking, i just have to stop.

There are always distractions along the road. Sometimes i just get tired, i need to catch my breath or i have to take a pebble from my shoe. People on the road might need help, and i stop walking for a while. It might suddenly rain and i have to find a roof or a tree. Other times i just stop for no reason, maybe to look at the sky and the clouds and the trees. Or i turn my sight inwards, trying to find peace and asking myself why i'm here.

There are many reasons to stop, whether out of necessity or luxury. in those moments, i often find myself so comfortable and content that there seems to be no reason to keep on walking. those are the moments that trap me so well.

but i always, always, always have to remember: this isn't the end yet. there's always somewhere else to go. the most important thing when walking the road to infinity is to not stop completely.

No comments: